Thursday, October 15, 2009

Josh

Enviro tour

“Why why me?!” That was my reaction when I found out we were writing about an Enviro tour. How in the world of impossible things am I going to be able to make this interesting? I had my head in my hands.” We are going to look at three main things in this tour”, Mrs Kung explained “the worm farm, the koru garden and our nature zone”. “Oh great” I sighed sarcastically. “Time to go”.Eilleen was at the door I better get going then.

“We have these special worms” Eilleen droned “they are called tiger worms”. Tiger worms… where have I seen those before? Of course around the school gardens. “These are what tiger worms look like they are great worker’s this is their pee”.

“The koru garden was designed in 2006 and it represents the things that are native to New Zealand” Eilleen explained “now let’s go and water the plants in the Native Zone”

The native zone has really changed over the past five years that I’ve been at N.P.S. Just looking, all this stuff is quite interesting, the signs, the plants, the trees and the stepping stones. “Now I want you to go and have a look for signs in the native zone” she requested .We went around , some people watered plants others just looked. This place has really changed I thought. That was the tour.

Although it was only a small portion it wasn’t as tedious as I thought it would be. Not to mention going to this school for five years would make it all the more boring. So was writing about the tour that bad? Yes I would have got much higher marks if I was writing about something else. So if you’re ever interested in taking the Newmarket Primary School tour it’s on 7 Gillies Avenue, Newmarket, Auckland ,New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment