Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bernie's Mt Eden Trip

This all about a fabulous trip Newmarket primary school experienced on
Wedsday the 28th of October, to the natural landmark Mt Eden. Not all of us went on buses.What a bore. It was an interesting experience. The sky was
an bright shiny blue, with rather cartoonlike fluffy white clouds. I liked walking
along other students of room11, passing other major schools and I thought it
would make an important memory to remember of this year. When we reached the
great mountain, I began to identify various trees and plants, including the
Potokawa, Koru and Totara. The silver fern was my favourite plant.
As I climbed the slippery slope, I looked around. There were craters all over the place.
When we had morning tea, there was a big wind. It almost blew me off the summit!
Mrs Kung gave me a pencil and paper to draw the collections of natural beauties
only known to New Zealand. I felt sad when we came back to because I missed the
natural uniqueness of Mt Eden. I am glad that my memories are now written down
so they can preserved for future revisits.

No comments:

Post a Comment