Sunday, November 8, 2009

keithathletics

Athletics

As I entered the Double-decker Bus I felt excited. This was my first time to ride a Double-decker Bus and go to Mt. Smart for our school athletics. I felt even happier when we were told to sit at the top of the bus. Everybody was noisy but I was quiet but I was excited that we were going to the athletics. There was a great view. I felt like I was on top of the world.

When we reached a stop and I heard a voice from the speaker above me saying that we reached our destination. I heard the doors open from below. Everybody went downstairs to get out of the bus. I heard people talking all around me. We were walking towards the stadium. I wondered what were supposed to do when we reach the stadium.

We were at the stadium and I found a seat just near the front. It was drizzling. I hoped the rain would end so the athletics could continue. A voice caught my attention and it made me see a sign saying ‘Year 6 Boys’. I was a year 6 boy. I realized the Year six boys I knew were going to the teacher holding the sign. I followed them. When I reached the sign I asked the teacher “Where are we going.” “We are going to do the throwing” she answered.

When all the Year six boys were in the line we started walking towards an area that was covered with nets except for the top and the side facing the area where were supposed to throw. We were arranged alphabetically. It took long for my turn. The first throw was the practice and the second throw was the real one. I did not beat my first throw. There was a good thing they did not change my first record.

When we were done we started doing the High Jump. I took of my shoes and my hat but kept my socks. I did not want to be bare footed. I wished we took a break. I only did one jump the second ended badly. My leg hit the rope. I wore my shoes and my hat and sat down. It took long until there were only three of them. I did not know what happened next since I did not pay attention.

We went to the race track for the Sprinting. At least it’s only a few metres and not the whole track. I made it last. I was not sprinting. I barely even ran since I felt tired and knew I had no match for the people I was racing against even if there were only four of us. I did not make it to the finals, obviously.

We still did not take a break since we were in the last round, the Long Jump. I was not that excited for my jump but I was impatient. My first jump was 2.25 and I did not know the second but I knew my first again was the highest. I finally took a break and I knew I was not able to go to the finals and we finished all the activities. I was positive. I ate my morning tea and lunch after that I watched the finals. Soon we went back to our school. Happily we used the Double Decker Bus again at the top.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Keith, it is exciting to see you use blogspot to gather evidence of your writing.
    Well done.
    Mrs VS

    ReplyDelete