Thursday, November 5, 2009

nichtour

I was wondering where we were going when the class was lining up outside. Then Eileen said we were going on a tour. I was excited.
MMM… Where are we going? I thought to myself. But then Eileen said we are going to see Tiger worms. We were going around the back of the school and I saw a big black container.
We all stood around the big black container then suddenly Eileen opened it and people were pushing to get a glimpse of the worms but I couldn’t see any thing Ilene said that they like it deep down at the bottom because it is cool so Eileen put some rubber gloves on and pulled out a big chunk of soil from the container and It had food scraps and I saw something wiggle.

The worms were much smaller then I imagined they would be. They were only about 3 cm long. Once we all got a glimpse of it Eileen pushed it back in. Then she pulled out another black box but this one was only little and it had watery stuff in it. If you guessed it, yes it was worm pea!!!!!
We all got a whiff of it and it smelled horrible Eileen said that it helps plants grow.

I found out a lot of stuff today but I never thought people use worm tea(pee) as fertiliser. That is weird. There was a lot of other stuff I found out. Like that tiger worms like cold damp places and that if you put banana skin in there you have to rip it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment