Thursday, November 5, 2009

vaishnutour

“Come on hurry up’’, Eilleen shouted. We began our three stop tour around N.P.S’s enviro areas, a reminder of Conservation Week.

Moments later we arrived at the worm farm it smelt terrible when Eilleen pulled off the lid. I wasn’t enjoying this part of the tour. Eileen told us some interesting facts about what the worms liked and what they couldn’t stand. Right now I couldn’t stand the smell but I manned up and got over it. Eilleen showed us worm tea (worm pea). I had a small whiff of it and it wasn’t that disgusting at all.

After a short walk we got to the koru garden at least it doesn’t smell I muttered to my self quietly. The people in front of me bobbed down, there was a lot korus here but no real ones, it was very bright and colourful and had a good feel to it. The sun shone in my face and I couldn’t see for a few moments by then Eileen was telling everyone to go to the Native Zone.

Soon after we made our way to the Native Zone it was very green and had lots of curvy pointy rocks. It looked stunning as I walked through the path and into the grotto I nearly tripped and fell onto the hard dried up mud but I quickly regained my footing. I lay down on the concrete stair our tour was over.

Overall I thought the tour was quite mediocre but that was my opinion but it did get me thinking about Conservation Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment