Thursday, November 5, 2009

annabelletour

“Phooey that smells horrible”, I said in disgust whilst holding my nose tightly. It was the 14th of September just after spelling. We were standing right infront of the….. Worm Farm!

The Worm Farm smelt like rotting eggs and wet dog but worse. Yeah that bad. I took a whiff and nearly fainted but no I’m too strong. I took sight of the worm farm and scrunched my nose. Soil, banana peels, apple cores, orange peels, teabags, rotting kiwifruit and who knows was sitting in the worm farm. It was like Yucky Soup. “That explains the smell”. I said sarcastically. I could hear the birds chirping, trees swaying in the wind and cars zooming past in the background. “Meet the locals”, Eilleen said with a grin. I glanced down. ’Worms’ I thought. I expected it to be the teachers or maybe some people from Zarbo, but worms?! I was speechless.

Next when I got over my stuttering, Eileen went on to tell us some really interesting facts on Tiger worms and Earth worms. One of the facts I remember Eileen telling was that worms don’t eat citrus fruits or meat. But I thought worms demolished anything and everything!!!

After the facts on worms she told us to smell the worm tea (worm pee) that she collected in a white container from under the worm farm. We all had a smell and then it was the end. I looked around to see the expressions on everyone’s face. Scrunched up noses just like mine.

To conclude… I felt happy that we had the opportunity to explore the worm farm, even though it smelt absolutely disgusting. On the plus side I learnt some extremely interesting facts on worms that I never knew before and learnt that worms do a great deal of work for the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment